Experience Unlimited Possibilities, when Ionic & Firebase combine!
At CeBIT 2017, the talk of the town is the next generation of mobile computing and new apps which are making our life more connected. Some of the biggest technology players like Google is making its move towards providing high-speed database services via “Firebase”.
Similarly, open source SDKs like Ionic makes it easier for the coders to create high-performance mobile apps with ease, on various platforms.
To cater to the demand of high-end apps, SearchNative offers hybrid Apps development using the Ionic and Firebase together.
Compared to the Hybrid Apps, Native Apps render a better performance, but it creates one major restriction as for other devices the developer needs to rewrite the code to a large extent when they need to release the same app on multiple platforms.
Hybrid Apps allow the app developers to target more than one type of devices, with a single set of base codes. The Hybrid apps are created using combination of multiple technologies and they utilize the device’s Web View rather than Native Code. App Developers can use Native mobile application development frameworks like Apache Cordova for getting better access to the device and customizing the app as per Android OS or iOS.
Launched in 2013, Ionic Software Development Kit is an open-source Mobile App Framework used for developing hybrid mobile apps. Ionic typically focuses on improved performance and better UI.
Ionic is most preferred framework which is evident as nearly 1.3 million apps were created using Ionic Framework in 2015. Here are some of the reasons why Ionic is well appreciated by developers.
- The Ionic Framework is 100% free and the best open source mobile SDK for developing progressive web and native apps with utmost ease.
- Ionic is a very useful cross-platform app development tool and it is updated constantly to complement other technologies like AngularJS.
- Ionic allows web developers to use their skill for developing mobile apps with convenience.
- Innovative plugins of Ionic Framework like Splash Screen Generator, Ionic View, Ionic Serve lab and Ionic CLI makes the processes to start, build and run easier.
- Ionic developers are constantly growing in the number, this give a reliable online community support for queries with relevant examples, demos, guides and tips.
- Features like Ionic Analytics and Ionic Push Notifications give the most basic and core functionalities to the apps.
Some of the well-known apps developed using Ionic Framework are Chefsteps, Baskin Robbins, Joule, MarketWatch, Diesel, Pacifica and Sworkit.
Launched in 2012, Firebase is a unified platform for mobile and web app development, which was acquired by Google in the year 2014. Firebase was initially intended for providing services to store and sync data across multiple platforms.
Firebase is unique because it provides cloud storage facilities for your mobile and web apps. Backed by Google Cloud Storage, Firebase is very useful to store images, audio, video, data or other user-generated content. It helps the developer to make better real time applications where data sync is essential. Developers have so far created over 1 million projects using Firebase.